We are open! Come join Sunday at 11:00 am for worship.
1040 W. King Street
The mission and vision of this ministry is fueled by truth of the Holy Bible. God’s Word is endlessly creative, thoughtful, and intentional. We actualize and pray over the Scriptures in order to find direction. We challenge ourselves to let go of our preferences, and live in God’s priorities.
A small church plant was organized in February 1952 in the home of Mr. and Mrs. William Peak at 1417 Lake Drive, Cocoa, FL. Shortly after this small church plant began, the Peaks had moved down the street to 311 Kentucky Avenue and their growing fellowship followed them. It became apparent that while a church plant may meet in a home, it must find adequate accommodations for anticipated growth.
During this time, the First Baptist Church of Cocoa, led by their Pastor James A. Sawyer, formed a mission’s committee that would recommend a site proposed for this growing church plant.
After prayer and discernment, 1040 W. King Street was purchased for $4,400.00. On November 8th, 1952, King Street broke ground on a 40 x 90-foot sanctuary. The first service was held on Easter Sunday in 1953 with 80 people attending.
On August 24th, 1953, King Street called its first pastor, Reverend Jack Shaw. Due to fruitful growth of the mission, on November 1st, 1953, ground was broken on for 36 x 39-foot educational annex. Sunday school flourished and God moved mightily through the obedience of the people.
King Street Baptist Church gained formal organization of church status on August 29th, 1954.
Since then, this ministry has been blessed by many faithful men and women who have demonstrated a life in Jesus. For decades, this church has made a significant impact on our community and an eternal impact on the Kingdom of God.